Monday, July 18, 2011

Finished first part of project

  After four months of collaborative work with the visitors of the museum, the initial part of the project is now closed. We did several activities with different groups of people: families, school groups, university students, adults, elders, etc. We collected a great amount of material that now is being organizing and studied. The experience of working with the people visiting the museum was not only satisfying but also enlightening, in the sense that they revealed to me ways of thinking and acting that I wouldn't have imagined. Now I realize, more than anything, this project was a learning process where play, trust and curiosity were the basic motivation to explore our own others.
   The second part of this artistic research will consist on exploring the artistic possibilities of the material produced in the first part. I will be reflecting on the images made by the visitors, and creating art works with them.
   Finally, I would like to thank all of the people who helped me during this months, especially the participants and the people of the Tropen Museum, who were essential in the whole process.

No comments: